Obgyno Wino Podcast Episode 38 - Birth Beyond the Hospital - Interview w/ Maryn Green, CPM
"Care more about being accurately and precisely who you are, than caring what someone might think about you.”- Danielle LaPorte
Special episode! No guidelines this time, per say but rather an interview with Maryn Green, CPM
1. The desire from home birth often stems from a desire to follow our physiology as mammals and is particularly focused on mom and baby connection.
2. Listening to women and supporting them, no matter what they desire, is the work.
3. “Radical informed choice” is the way many midwives support women in making choices. They assess their own benefits and risks along with research, intuition and more.
4. Transparency is key in serving women.
5. The world is not black and white (e.g. home vs. hospital) in achieving the best birth outcome.
Check out Maryn's Indie Birth Association, her Taking Back Birth podcast, the Indie Birth Midwifery School, and her book, which she co-authored with Margo Blackstone, CPM, "Indie Birth: A Story of Radical Birth". If you're in Sedona and need a midwife, here's the website for that!